Friday, September 26, 2014

The What-If excercise

So at first I stopped and sat down quietly and asked myself to consider WHAT IF everything were alright. Not to believe that everything were alright or even that it was possible for everything to be alright but simply What If  everything were alright? A thought experiment like Einstein said he liked to do - a much simpler one than he would do, mind you, no higher math involved. Very simple thing to do. Very easy.

Whew okay now then everything is alright so there is nothing to "fix" nothing to "fight" nothing to "regret" nothing to "fear" - wow uncharted territory here? I saw immediately.

Suddenly new questions arise as I see like sunlight breaking through dark clouds that clearly the only thing I "must do" is breathe.

What do I want?
What will I do?
Where will I go?
What do I love?
Who do I love?

Suddenly I understood something "told to me" by a mushroom voice in my own mind years earlier that I had remembered but not really understood: "Everything that ever was, ever will be or is right now, is perfect". I could make no mistakes. There was no such thing as a mistake. There are no wrong turns in life only right turns taken wrongly. All I truly have to do is breathe. What to do and where to go and who to love that is all a choice. Opportunities. Options. Simply really taking a moment to ask myself  "what if" was like grasping a doorknob, turning it and pushing open a door into life.

July 1st 2012 in a forest near the shores of lake Superior alone in a quiet glade,  I found the what if exercise to be a powerful, transformative tool. It broke something open inside of me. The truth of things is always so darn simple it seems?

No comments:

Post a Comment