Wednesday, June 7, 2017

To Summer Solstice Moon - prose poem



I want to say something but I don't know what exactly. It's the pain that follows like a shadow. It's that long night of the soul that never seems to end in dawn's relief. It's everywhere and nowhere. It's so close yet so far away. Loneliness. Sadness. Faceless fear. Pointless vigil. Inscrutable yearning. Unrequited love. Worst of all perhaps, a foreboding permeating the air like some doom breathing on the back of my neck sending chills up my spine. If doom itself were to kiss me softly, I would not be startled now.
I have no map of these strange lands. I am a bastard to the past and no pilgrim to the future. I only follow my heart blindly because it is strongest part of me and because it is the only part of me left that seems to have the slightest clue as to what the hell I am doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment