Friday, September 3, 2021

The Fool




The Fool

By David Sky

No one had to tell me to be the fool it just came as naturally to me as breathing. I take no more pride in it than I take in being right handed or an American because, for all my faults and weaknesses, I'm not shallow like that - thank God for little favors. The fool has no patience for anything that is not of the soul. The fool, you know, he sees expansively, sees the widest vistas, the biggest picture, for better or worse. What he sees is not something behind him or something in front of him but rather something more, something greater, something that encompasses those impossibilities that to most people in the world save the fool himself may well appear patently and preposterously …. well … foolish!

And I get that. The fool is not stupid, he's the fool.

Ram Dass said famously, “Be Here Now”

The Fool says, “be here more, man – BE HERE MORE!”

(was thinking how the older Ram Dass kind of resembles the older Bukowski physically ... and then I thought well maybe not just physically but you have to sort of squint to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment