Thursday, May 21, 2015

Trinty Site, New Mexico - Mushrooms and National Monuments

New Mexico? New Mexico? Where the hell do I even start? Such a weird place overall just gives off these Alien vibes, man, very strangle energy I think this is the energy that makes the big haired dude's hair on that Ancient Alien cable show stand up like it does? If a flying saucer were to rise up over a near hill, it'd almost seem like it belonged there ... hard to explain but you stand around alone out in that high desert for a while and you'd see what I mean, man. So I'll start here kind of zoom in past wilderness as sublimely beautiful as any location on earth to the south central area of the state a vast high desert with little standing higher than large bush where to this very day there are precious few humans as you drive for hours sometimes before noticing a driveway leading to a human habitation. Nine inches of rain out here man is all that standing between life in death for an entire ecosystem. Maybe an ecosystem is like an organ in our Great Gaia Mother. So yeah there's that its own rugged beauty I'll give you grudgingly really this place wore on me in ways I never would have anticipated. Walking out anywhere meant coming into contact with a flora and fauna always to me appearing on the verge of death and it made me nervous, man, I'm not gonna lie period. It made me look up at the sky expectantly even though I knew that it had not rained in a month or more and likely wouldn't be raining for another month or so yet. “Dammit man, hang in here, Everybody, it's got to rain eventually” I'd often think like some nervous tic incantation, “Everybody” an inclusive handle covers a lot of ground like every living thing. But I made some peace moved up to 7,000 on the eastern side of the 12,000 Sierra Blanca mountain on a steep mountain in pine forest an oasis of life to me only 130 miles north of the Mexican border. The various mountain ranges would rise here and there throughout the state high enough in elevation to break through the desert climate generation enough moisture to support a predominantly pine forest looking to me at times as tiny islands of life in a vast sea of nearly dying all the time but not cool like the Painted Desert just scrub full of lizards, snakes of all kinds. So off on a road trip from home in Ruidoso, New Mexico to Trinity Site now a nuclear National Historic Landmark, while a very interesting trip geographically, don't get me wrong, it's still through this high desert where much to the lament of my sensibilities is always upon the very lip of death. Driving northwest away from the 12,000 Sierra Blanca meant losing 3000 vertical in elevation over about twenty miles when you can look back up to the top of the mountain back within the one million acre Lincoln National Forest. It looks like something worth of worship there under the nearly always sunny auspices of a New Mexico sun. Here below some hedonist maniacs with tons of cash have built a sprawling suburban infrastructure of streets with electricity and wells and are trying to sell the lots for preposterous sums for land that the BLM can't honestly give away, man. “You get a 20 acre lot!” 20 acres all gasping their last gasp practically just sayin. About l5 minutes from the gate to this Trinity Site Nuclear National Monument, I asked my wife Jana' who is driving if she could pull over. I took out of my shirt pocket 3 dried grams of Psilocybin mushrooms. “I'm going to take this now, OK?” “Seriously?” Jana' asks. “I told you about this last week, Jana'. It's a dirty job but by God it's got to be done. We'll be at the gate in fifteen minutes and I won't start tripping for 40 and it's a small dose, anyway. Not like I'll flip out and embarrass you,” I said as reassuringly as I could trying to exude confidence, never easy for me. “So what then you can through some alchemy or something turn all the negative energy from that bomb into positive … it's that fantasy we're talking about, just to be clear?” “That's the one” I said a little indignantly. “It's a fair plan of noble intent, my Love”. So I ate the three grams as Jana' drives on toward the gate. The government only opens this monument twice a year for the day for public viewing of the site. It was my wife's idea to see the place and in spite of the radiation, I was in immediately. O shit, I thought, THAT sounds really WEIRD! Let's do it! “This is one of the more insane things, Babe,” says Jana' driving. “You get that, right … I hope you do, honestly, Babe, at least appreciate the insanity of it all – are you still with me? “I am here and now more even but here's the thing I know insanity been there, done that, chemical induced by our vaunted psychiatric doctors of medicine but insanity nonetheless. This, this is not insanity at all, Jana'. This is destiny.” By this time the gate came into view my first thought, Damn, you ain't getting into that place. The second that the place was locked up tight and dead empty. Not a soul in sight only lots of very ominous, threatening signs and lots of cameras. “Shit” said Jana' – it must have been yesterday, sorry about that, I had the dates wrong. “No problem, let's go down to the Rio Grande I think there's a nice little place to eat only thirty minutes more off the main road.” Suffice it to say that it hit me in a nice little restaurant in middle of no where along the Rio Grande River, New Mexico. I cried a little, “damn, could have done a lot of good with that energy”. “There there, Babe, it'll be okay” said my wife sincerely reassuring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment