Sunday, March 12, 2017

Matters of the Heart

I have become an expert in matters of the heart. It was not exactly by design yet was not without intent, either. My heart kept calling me back to dialogue. My heart never gave up on me even when I gave on it, gave up on everything. At the age of forty seven, I turned finally into my heart and with deliberation and a lot of help “opened it” which is really not an accurate phrase more to the point, my heart opened me. My heart is everything. It is as indomitable as it loving and kind. It is fearless and smart and wise and my heart loves me wholly without restraint or measure. I may not know you, but my heart knows you because all hearts are one heart. I know this to be true because my heart told me so.

You don't have to understand it, David, it said. It's a heart thing. Just believe it.

And I do believe it even though I do not honestly understand it because I trust my heart - it is the voice of God to me.

Haiku
East, West, North or South -
Wherever her heart beats

I am already there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment