Tuesday, May 9, 2017

How We Met

We met catastrophically in a deadly head on collision back in the Summer of 1963. Brian tried to blame me at first claiming my headlights were too dim to see properly - or some such nonsense but after he calmed down a bit, Brian admitted that he had been distracted fidgeting with his radio. Fatally fidgeting with his radio , I should say,. He was trying to pass someone and ran into me head on in my lane so I it was his fault, alright. But I do not press the issue too awfully much any longer. It has been almost two hundred years now since we were on earth and I was coming home from the restaurant where I worked late and Brian was commuting home from his job in the city.

It was as if our souls were flung together at death and I think it was just love at first sight for both of us, you know? Fate maybe? But we love each other as much today as the day we died together and that is the truth. They do not have marriage here or anything like that but in every way that matters, Brian and I have been happily married for an awfully long time. He is thoughtful and loving and I consider myself to be very lucky. Of course, Brian is luckier still since he has me in his death. He is just a lousy driver no doubt about that but fortunately there is no driving here, either. I do tease him about it from time to time when he is particularly annoying and in need of being put in his place. It's my ultimate ace in the hole, “you killed me and I wasn’t even twenty one years old yet!” I have to look at the bright side. I never loose an argument since that trumps any argument if it comes right down to it and never gets old, if you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment