Friday, February 9, 2018

You Hold Me So Good (Written by "Her"


I went so far inside so very far away
You could not possibly understand 
Not your job that’s perfectly okay
But unbeknownst to me at the time
It was His job just that to find me
Here … How? I can’t even imagine
I didn’t even know where I am
Purposefully so that was the plan
To escape from … from everything
To go so far inside to come out
The Other Side into … into …
I had no earthy idea what but
Something so much greater than I
The things I’ve seen O Dear God!
The places I have been so much …
So much beauty and so much ugliness
So much joy and so much pain
Worlds so far and away from ordinary
I could not possibly begin to explain
You are the one who never asked me to
That first time you looked into my eyes
You said nothing and when I leaned in
You took me up in your arms so warmly
And when I cried that flood that came
You didn’t say a word just kissed my head
You hold me so good and don’t ask me why
You make me feel like I am home now
That this alas is that long sought other side
When I finally stop crying - and you too -
You stand back holding my hands in yours
You pierce my soul with those eyes -
Tell me your story if you want, you say,
Don’t tell me if you don’t want to tell it -
I could tell you virtually the same story -
Do you want to see new things together?
I nod affirmatively and then you kiss me
You ask me only, what it is that I am?
I say without hesitation that I am an artist
I ask you then, what it is that you are?
You say without hesitation, a Savior …
I don’t understand that how is it so?
You ask me, how is it that I am am artist?
I think but must admit that I don’t know
You say, we don’t choose what we are
Only what we do with what we are -
I smile, “let’s do this thing together now”.

No comments:

Post a Comment