Monday, July 26, 2021

A Cosmic Road Trip - short short story


Mind is in the backseat and he is NOT happy about it, let me tell you. It's a delicate thing with mind as he needs a lot of love and attention yet cannot be overindulged so I've never had children but I imagine it's something of that kind of balance?
"You know - " Mind begins and I shush him. "Mind, honest to God, man, you did a great job of looking in the rear view mirror for all those years and I dearly love you, you know that right?"
"Define love," Mind says petulantly.
"Look, Mind, it's a team effort here, it's just not all about you, man. Just look out the window and enjoy the scenery it's pretty cool, it's really beautiful countryside, a gorgeous day - just chillax Mind, Heart's got the wheel. He's the only one who really knows where the hell we're going - Hey Heart, you know where the hell we're going, right?"
Heart, strong, silent type, never much for words, "O yeah. I got this".
See, Mind, Heart's Got This so lie back into it, man - You and me, we can just relax for a while and enjoy the ride. Now how is that a bad thing, Mind?
I'm not certain how reassured Mind is but he's quiet for a change so I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment