Saturday, July 31, 2021

Bulwonkle, Tourist Detective, Starts a Blog


It is especially hot today by which mostly I mean that the sea breeze that is nearly always constant is turned off today. But this afternoon if there is a place to be on the entire island, it is our apartment taking up the second floor of Miss Avlatner's mansion built to take fullest advantage of the views and the breeze coming in off of the sea here on the windward side. We sit on the deck facing east the sun now behind us enjoying what breeze does come our way. I bring Bev a bacon and egg sandwich made with 12 grain bread brought in from the mainland. Bev takes the sandwich and puts it on her lap.

You put bacon on my sandwich you are a barbarian you know I am a vegetarian, Bull!
I tell her, I'll be putting a pineapple coconut sauce -
Bev Interrupting, with the tamarind glaze!?
Similar, yes, I'll be putting that on your pork chop for dinner, too.
I hate you so much! says Beverly, happily eating her bacon and egg sandwich and our very late brunch. After we eat, we wait an hour and snorkel might as well be in the water today, Babe.
Right, I agree as usual in the choice of activity as well as the cautionary approach to swimming after eating. One hour … maybe 45 minutes in order to digest our food -
Bev interrupts - You can't digest food in 45 minutes, Babe
Well seriously you can't in an hour either?
Okay, Bev says. I agree we go snorkeling after a bit of chill, nothing to do with digestion.
Of course, I say. I learned several relationships ago to just agree. I have my laptop out. I think, I say, I'm going to start a blog today.
A blog? Beverly asks, You? Where did that come from? Still finishing her sandwich. What kind of blogging and goes without saying you can't say anything about me without me seeing it first, Bull.
I nod in agreement, of course. I want to write about island life, I tell her, like a news feed for the world, you know, let the world get to see our little jewel in the Caribbean here. Don't hide your light under a bushel basket, right?
Do you have a name for your blog site yet?
O Babe don't get me started I HAD the prefect name but I should have known that was too good to not be already taken. Some very clever bastard named David B Sky thought of it first. I have no plan B, that’s my dilemma now.
Bev makes a face, ew no that’s a disgusting name for a blog, Bull. Thank God that was taken, the Universe did you a little favor on that one. You find another, beautiful name for your blog, Babe, kissing me on the top of my beautiful, bald head. I hold onto her hand for just a second trailing behind her until I our fingertips touch as she heads off for her siesta. God I love her, I think for maybe the one millionth time but I think Bev is wrong in this particular case just don't think that she is seeing The Big Picture here.
It's not only a perfect name for a blog, it's the only name. I can't possibly come up with anything that good? I wonder if this asshole would sell it?

No comments:

Post a Comment