Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Missives to My Heart

I command you now in the name of love: 
Open my heart - open sesame - open the doors, the windows - open the buds, the spores, the seeds - open my heart, open now - open the gates, the locks, the fences - open up to the arms of the people, the hospitals, the libraries, the places of comfort and sustenance, restaurants and bars and hostels  - open up my own dear heart,  open up now even though every last fiber of your muscular being so long pummeled screams out, 
"Close!"
The Thing we have become is open, not closed, inclusive not exclusive, accepting not rejecting, faithful not fearful - so It can be no other way, with us, my Heart. You are the heart of a Centaur. We do not do bitter, cynical, forlorn - we do not go backwards, we go onward. We do not give up because we are together an indomitable force -  you know this, my Heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment