Saturday, December 2, 2017

Prose Poem, Inconsolable


It is easier to be brave in the daylight, easier to keep that faith in God, light and love. At night though ... when that curtain of darkness descends upon this earth settling in around my shoulders finally like a black shoal, there are not enough lights in all the cities of the world, you know? There are not enough pretty colored bobbles; not enough noise; not enough music; not enough booze. There is not enough outside by any measure to fill the loss of You I feel inside when the sun descends into the horizon and takes its light to the other side of this world. This is what had inspired me long ago to make a friend of the night and She surely is a true and faithful friend who does her best to console me. She loves me even as I love myself, the night, always warm in Her wishes for me and kind in her intentions. But she is not You and no matter if in some small measure my mind may be consoled by Lady Night, my body cannot understand and so remains when without You, my Love, inconsolable in the darkness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment