Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sideways, Existential Essay



Sideways - Existential Suggestions 
Essay by David Sky
You may be familiar with a term popularized by CIA tomfoolery, "Blowback" being the unintended, negative consequences of an "operation". A corollary, I Believe is, "Sideways" when an operation blows sideways. Now, Sideways is not necessarily a good thing but it is not necessarily a bad thing, either. And I am thinking of it not in terms of covertly overthrowing a sovereign nation but in more personal terms. Being blown sideways adds a strong element of randomness to life a bit that like recombinant DNA really tends to mix things up but good. You can find yourself blown out of your bailiwick or even out of your safety zone but seldom, perhaps surprisingly, out of your mind.
You dust yourself off after having been ejected Sidewise by The Universe, then you try to get your bearings. It's not unusual to have no idea where the hell you are, I've found, having been blown Sideways too damn many times to count. It helps to be inner directed because often also outward cues of social familiarity and comfort may be non existent. Due to a fluke of psychological predisposition, I find myself in maximum position to survive Sideways projections by The Universe mostly because I have never known where the hell I am in the first place and never felt like I belong here on this planet and some deep, uncompromising faith inside me has always known that the only home I will ever know is right here in my own heart center, like it or not.
What I would say then is roll with it when blown Sideways what the hell we're only souls experiencing a life dream so just hold on lightly but don't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment