Thursday, October 14, 2021

The Eros Return - Personal Astrology

 


It’s my Eros Return this year and I say this year because of the retrograde action. My natal Eros is at 7 degrees 30 minutes Capricorn conjunct Saturn at 7 degrees 50 and most significantly a close sextile Neptune/Venus conjunct in Scorpio and a close trine to Pluto in Virgo in the 12th by minutes conjunct the AC in Virgo.

Do not see much written about this so input welcome here but I see Eros has an orbit of 643 days similar to Mars at 687 days and is in relative proximity to Mars ergo the relationship to Mars especially in terms of erotic nature or the particular expression of our sexuality. Actually, yesterday, the 13th of October, saw Eros’s third and last pass for me and man has it been significant.


The first pass was in April roughly corresponding with dissolution of a highly dysfunctional relationship that I felt trapped in for various reasons and one that was sexually frustrating in a peculiar way. She also had Eros conjunct Saturn and with her, it seemed to operate as one would expect with her own sexuality limited and restricted by Saturn while for me it seems to involve me choosing partners whose sexuality limits and restricts my own. She was 20 years younger and extraordinarily beautiful but sexually it was like having sex with a living sex doll and perhaps part of my natal position’s effect upon my personality and behavior is denial that sexuality is meaningful so I said to myself, “Well it’s just sex and it’s not that important” and, to be fair, it was not just the sex that was the problem. My thought all along as an astrology with a bent for evolutionary astrology that this relationship had a karmic attraction which I think was exactly right – aka a Soulmate Speedbump.

The asteroid Psyche is considered along with Eros and at this time Psyche is near my AC/Pluto in trine with Eros in Capricorn. Without going into the whole gestalt of my chart, Psyche in natal is on Chiron asteroid and Jupiter in Aquarius has been conjunct to that this year by retrograde stationing direct recently exactly on that Psyche and therefore stationing direct only a one degree orb from the Chiron asteroid. So the theme of this for me has been linked to Chiron and to healing of the Chiron wound and healing of I guess I can say, “Sexual Wounds” obviously from my chart going back to childhood and beyond. The retrograde hit of Eros to my natal then on May 13th corresponded almost exactly the dissolution of this relationship that very much needed to end and constituted a release for me.

Now I find myself in a relationship that I can only describe as the most healing and harmonious relationship of my life wherein sexuality is fully expressed and reciprocated in a way that I had found only once before in life and then only for a brief time that in retrospect showed me at the age of 57 that great, passionate and fulfilling sex is actually a possibility in life. The synastry with this relationship and synchronicities involved are numerous and significant and clearly this is a healing relationship that was seemed to be at inception to be a “Gift from God”. She has not triggered me once in three months and that may sound like laughably short period to celebrate anything but that a woman could go for three days without triggering me was before her a seemingly impossible prospect and that is on me, not women, ergo the “Gift from God” for she feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment