Wednesday, December 11, 2013

On Judgment

12/11/2013
Judgment

I'm looking beyond the Christian view of this which is directly that Judgment is the providence of God the Father with even Jesus Christ deferring to His Father on this as well as saying in no uncertain terms that lite...rally anyone at anytime can come to Him and receive forgiveness, something that many Christians conveniently overlook in their often seemingly obsession need to judge and condemn others, not to mention themselves.

Obviously also I'm looking beyond the simple need to judge the relative distance of other vehicles when driving so one does not run into them - I mention this because I myself did not understand this spiritual concept of non-judgmentalism and would think rather bitterly, "well you can't exist without judging!" totally missing the point, LOL!

The "point" can be rather subtle, I think? At an Adult Children of Alcoholics workgroup meeting wherein the leader is a little more directive than normal for the group, he said that from the Big Book it says that it is not a good idea to even help someone understand something they need to understand and I perked up at that? I'm at the point myself where I very much would relish help in pushing back any remaining dark for I understand well that while I know what I know I don't know what I don't know. But he said that if we figure out what we need to figure out for ourselves, the process is following a natural course that is totally individual and that then we move along at an emotional or spiritual pace, as it were, that is exactly right for us. Wow. That is some wise ass shit right there, I whistled softly. Blows me away how often this ACA stuff is as clever as any Zen Master might be?

One of the hardest things I've had to learn and barely so is that I should not always say what I know to someone. For me it is especially hard since one of the coping mechanism I evolved to deal with early childhood trauma is the understand everything - EVERYTHING which I refer to as "hyper-vigilance" and which I am still attempting to change into a Zen like "awareness" that is a receptive thing rather than active or "projective" thing for in my "understanding" is also judgment. Also, I expend a great deal of energy in this hyper-vigilance and much less when it is flipped to it's other side as Awareness? I do truly understand now that there are as many paths to the mountaintop as there are climbers but it is fiendishly difficult for me to not want to help others along their own path. One still unresolved issue in all this is that writing fiction comes directly from this compulsive need in me to understand everything and everyone down to molecular levels and the process I'm still involved in is jamming me up in a very strange way but I'm allowing it for now for back to "the point" I've learned now that just because something is "wrong' doesn't mean it isn't right when viewed from the big picture point of view, or perhaps to say from a spiritual point of view. Like I see now that I HAD to make considerable mistakes in order to get to this place I'm at now for which I am so grateful to be? And so with others now I consider that while what they are doing or not doing may look wrong to me, or even wrong to us all, in some fashion quite beyond my ability to comprehend (we're talking "the Mind of God" here) even our mistakes are not really mistakes?

In 2007 I was told, "Everything that ever was, ever will be or is right now is perfect" and even now that is a hard pill to swallow. But more than ever I feel that it is correct only I am not spiritually advanced enough to grasp the truth of it - much as I hate to use that phrase, "spiritually advanced enough" just not sure how else to say this? But to be sure the opposite of judgment is acceptance and acceptance is my goal to just keep praying for the strength to "accept the things I cannot change" which is the overwhelmingly vast majority of "things" in life.
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment