Tuesday, May 3, 2022

My Mexican Life Across the Rubicon



I cross the Rubicon and there is no going back this time for it is the bridge that dissolves behind me such that when I stand on this new shore looking back to that land from whence I came, there is nothing there even to be seen.
Yesterday is gone. My eyes turn now to this new land and with them my body turns into it and suddenly and irrevocably I find that this thing that I am is right here and now.
I will never be the same now that I have found that she exists in this new world. All refuge is forsaken, all safety abandoned, all caution to the winds - but I have the sanctity of my own dear soul and more love in my heart than I ever imagined it could hold.
The hardest thing I ever did is to love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment