Saturday, May 21, 2022

Neurologist Office, Saint Petersburg, FL (Five Year Anniversary of Autoimmune Attack in 2008



May 21st - Scheduled this neurological consult on the 5th anniversary of the devastating autoimmune attack back in 08
- good news is that like cancer, I now am cleared from having another attack, having made it five years with no further. attacks. Yay!
Five years especially the first three holding my breath because with Devic´s disease, the death is not a pleasant one and little is known but there while it is rare to start with, there is a rarer mono form in which one has only one catastrophic attack and if survived, that is it, it is not degenerative. The mono form is mostly in males and there is no way to test for it so I prayed and refused all meds and on this day I handed the neurologist my records including a three page paper that I had written with the diagnosis of Devic´s Disease and three other diagnosis from three different neurologist in Texas and New Mexico and said, "I only have two questions, do you think the diagnosis is correct and is it true that if I have have suffered no further attack after fives years now that I have the mono form?
I sat quietly for almost thirty minutes while he read asking me no questions just reading through everything then he looked up and said,
"While I cannot say definitively due to the nature of this and lack of all data here, particularly the MRI´s, Devic´s is very most likely, so yes to question one with that caveat and to your second question, I can say unequivocally yes", Then he asked, "Is that it?"
I said, "Yes, Thank you very much" and we shook hands and I left, best doctor´s appointment EvEr.
inhalation creating world
exhalation destroying world -
only here and now surviving
the fray

No comments:

Post a Comment