Monday, May 2, 2022

The Rocketship - Autobiography by David Sky

 The Rocketship

Autobiography By David Sky
I'll try to put it in terms that are relatable and say first that The Rocketship was not primarily designed for comfort and ease rather for spanning the impossible distances involved in interstellar space travel. And that is to say that it is not unlike your own travels in jet aircraft in what you call, "Coach Class Accommodations".


So maybe you can understand something of the journey which did take about a year in your earth time and I was conscious the whole way not in any state of suspended animation - well, except for sleep sessions the metered time in the few shared sleep pods on The Rocketship relative to the number of Rocketeers. Trust me when I say that if there had been an option for suspended animation, yours truly would have availed himself of it if at all possible - it was a long, boring year maybe a little like your year of Covid Isolation recently? There's no window on The Rocketship none whatsoever there are cameras for that and video screens to look at. It's literally a blur at hyper light speeds.
Yes you can definitely travel at faster than light speed and no don't ask me how, I'm a journalist not an engineer or a pilot, more to the point, since I kind of crashed landed but ... in my defense ... I never said I was a Rocketeer and I never have flown no Rocketships before and all things said and done, humans - we made it alive so I think it could be said that things might well have been much worse, Thank You Very Much You're Welcome.
Anyway, I quit journalism after my editor demanded that I cover the 2020 presidential election in the United States of America when I was on the way to a Michael Franti Spearhead concert in Rio de Janeiro.
"Common," he begged finally after I laughed bitterly saying that will never happen, Sir, "David we're literally blind our last three people on the ground couldn't stand the level of bullshit and threw themselves in front of trucks - one after gouging out this own eyes ,with his thumbs!"
Our people have a genetically much lover Bullshit Tolerance level than do you humans so this sonofbitch was literally trying to throw me under the bus since the level of bullshit tolerance necessary to cover any of your political campaigns here on earth is well beyond our ability to survive and I wasn't having it so I quit. He said I can't quit but I believe he was wrong because I definitely did.
Now I'd like to see more of earth sure does have a shit ton of water it's amazing really nothing much like it it's a total Water World. It's quite mixed bag, you're world here, look one way and it's Way Cool but turn your head and look another way and it's tragic to abomination. So I learned early on to be highly discriminating as to what exactly I choose to see here, bit psychologically for us like tip toeing through and landmine field.

No comments:

Post a Comment